Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cake Decorating Display


I did a display cake recently for one of the new Michaels Arts and Crafts stores. It represents many of the techniques that are taught in the Wilton cake decorating courses. The cakes are actually Styrofoam but the decorations are made from royal icing, fondant and gumpaste.
I love making the gumpaste roses that are at the bottom tier of the cake. They are elegant and showy.
I usually have one of these display cakes on view at the store where I teach. I am currently working to restore the current one. People are always touching the cake and it takes a bit of abuse. I don't mind as they are fun to do. Perhaps I will do a Fall/Winter theme for the new version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you!