Friday, November 12, 2010

Muppet Me

I had a great experience recently when I went to The International Sugar Art Collection in Atlanta, GA and learned how to make an edible muppet. Lauren Kitchens with  her team, Ashleigh and Karie, taught the classes with style and humor. I started the first day off muppetizing myself on a cake. Lauren had said that it was difficult to muppetize oneself and she was right. I relied on her suggestions and came away with an acceptable piece.





The second day, I muppetized my hubbie as an edible statue. I felt more confident in my skills and had a better idea of areas to emphasize. I had so much fun putting all the pieces together. I was delighted with the results and so was my husband.



The plane ride home was nerve wracking. The Monday morning transient crowd was not pleased to see me in line with my boxes of fragile items. The airline was wonderful though and everything got home intact.
If you are able to take one of Lauren's classes, you will not be disappointed. I am very excited to start muppetizing friends and family. As a bonus, I now have a profile picture that's muppet me!

4 comments:

  1. Evelyn,
    So excited for you to have the experience to learn more fabulous techniques. Was this your birthday gift? Will continue to follow you here on your blog. Maybe sometime you will take a look at mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Evelyn -- these are so awesome!! Cormac and I were just talking about this last night and were wondering how it went. So glad you had fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!
    You and Cormac would be soooo fun to muppetize!
    I love the whimsical side of decorating!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I love to hear from you!